The tough on crime crowd says enough is enough. We do too. Let’s make our voices heard and put an end to ineffectual, harmful justice policy.
- Sign our petition calling on the Government to transform our criminal justice system by adopting all 12 recommendations of the Turuki! Turuki! report.
- Have a conversation about tough on crime policies with your friends and whānau.
- Contact a minister or your MP to tell them what you think.
- Share your story with the criminal justice system. What convinced you it doesn’t work? What would you like it to look like?
- Contribute art to illustrate the stories we’ve received.
- Post on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #CareNotCagesNZ
- Write to your local newspaper and tell them it’s time for change.
- Sign up for the Triple The Vote campaign if you’d like to focus on electoral change. Tell people to vote, and tell them that reforming our justice system is important to you.
stay in touch
Signing the petition will allow us to keep in touch with any vital campaign updates by email.
You can keep up with our parent organisation People Against Prisons Aotearoa, for more updates: